Experience Sherwood one step at a time
The area of north Nottinghamshire is often over looked by walkers, mainly due to the pull of the Peak District. Yet it offers such amazing walks that it should be on the list of anyone who wants to see amazing scenery, walk in the footsteps of legends and discover stories of intrigue.
Here’s what ‘The Independent’ newspaper wrote about walking in the area.
We will build up a great list of walks and websites to find walks in the Sherwood Forest area, and hope that you can get out and experience the wonders of Sherwood. Whether you’re looking for week long walks or easy family rambles on a Sunday afternoon, you’ll find it here and you’ll love the area and what it has to offer as much as we do.
Central Area (around Edwinstowe)
- Here’s a great walk around the heart of Sherwood Forest.
- This AA walk is shorter than the one above but still a great walk.
- Our partners at Greenwood Community Forest produced this leaflet a few years back which can help you get healthier as well as get to know walks around this area.
- Visit the ‘Walking In Nottinghamshire’ page of the Nottinghamshire County Council website for more information on where to go and what to see, or use the walks and rides page to search for a route.
- A lot of our work is about the environment, and improving it for nature and people. Using this link you can find information on Natural England’s Country Walks, that shows walks, rides and areas of open access provided under the Countryside Stewardship, Environmentally Sensitive Areas and Environmental Stewardship Schemes.