The Sherwood Forest Trust – Aims
Throughout our operational boundary, but focusing primarily on the Sherwood Forest Character Area (SFCA), the Sherwood Forest Trust will aim to:
Lead on the establishment of a Regional Park for Sherwood Forest
- Promote the spirit and uniqueness of Sherwood
- Enrich the legacy of the forest, now and for future generations
- Conserve the heritage landscape and wildlife habitats
- Help people understand and better enjoy their natural and cultural heritage
- Encourage the creation of improved visitor and tourism experiences
- Enhance local communities’ quality of life
- Provide information, advice and guidance on Sherwood
- Support new economic regeneration activities
- Ensure that our organisation is fit for purpose, financially and structurally
The Sherwood Forest Trust – Objectives
- To secure £2.5m over the next five years from a variety of funding sources to ensure our organisational and financial stability.
- To lead on the creation of the new Sherwood Forest Regional Park within the next two years.
- To increase our capacity to manage a broader range of site specific conservation landscape projects.
- To support the coordination and delivery of new local community events and activities on an annual basis.
- To provide advice, guidance and expertise to partners and other organisations on all matters relating to Sherwood Forest.
- To develop a new economic infrastructure to support local businesses and exploit the nascent visitor economy.
- To set up and manage the Sherwood Forest Data Bank by March 2016.
- To develop a new range of learning and educational programmes for Sherwood Forest by March 2016.
- To develop a Sherwood Carbon-Offset project by March 2016
- To increase public awareness of the history, heritage and culture of Sherwood.